[Slowhand] Fourplay Review

Sam Mangano smangano at solartestinglabs.com
Thu Sep 16 18:04:55 EDT 2004

Saw Nathan East last nite with his jazz group. Probably about 1000-1200 in
attendance. Nice if you like contemporary jazz. They played about 1.5 hours,
had decent lighting with some dry ice effects to make it seem like you were
in a smoky lounge.

sound was excellent. larry carlton is a very good guitarist, and is a dead
ringer for larry david from curb your enthusiasm, just shorter. harvey mason
is a killer drummer. nathan sang on a few tunes, and played flawlessly as
always. tix were only $35, too. all the band members signed autographs for
about a half hour after the show in the lobby. Nate spent a few moments with
my wife and I before having to check in with his twins online and bus off to
detroit (the new hardest working man in show business).

we got some great pics that will be up on Dr. Proctor's website soon
(www.slowhand.net).

out
sambo8