[Slowhand] RE: Rod Stewart

Leblanc, Denis (CGI) DLeblanc3 at purolator.com
Wed Sep 22 12:34:35 EDT 2004

Paul Brady, Lionel Ritchie, Cyndi Lauper, Zucchero, Babyface, and Toni Rich
are among the blandest popcorn makers in the history of aural wallpaper and
Clapton's played with all of them.  The list can go on.

Rod Stewart's pedigree in rock music is still pretty high.  And many of my
friends who only hear EC on the classic rock radio would tab Clapton's 30
year solo career as a slow descent into straight MOR as well.

Clapton, Stewart and McCartney are the most maligned rock stars in the
world.  And it all has to do with how great they were when they were young
but couldn't - some say wouldn't - keep up the intensity.

But I wouldn't consider it a big deal to see EC do Blue Moon with Rod.  I
was a lot more offended in the mid-80s when he started hanging around bozos
like Ritchie and Lauper but that's because I didn't know better.  By the
time of his dallying with Babyface and Sheryl Crow - right after the killer
NBTB Tour to boot! - I knew enough not to care too much at all.

Cheers,
Denis LeBlanc