[Slowhand] 20th Century Masters EC album vs Set list

Scott Wallenberg scottw at frazmtn.com
Tue Sep 28 18:26:35 EDT 2004

>From Sam:
>> Anybody else notice that, besides doing 5 songs from the Me & Mr. Johnson
album on the tour that just ended, EC was also doing 5 songs that are on the
"new" 20th Century Masters EC album? <<

>From Delta Nick:
<<I really do not believe that this is any surprise. Polydor probably
decided
to release what EC has been playing.>>

I sincerely doubt that EC and Polydor even spoke about it. Polydor has the
rights to the songs and can basically do what they want with them as long as
they remain in the form that they were recorded originally. Plus.....the
timing of packaging and so forth is usually quite long in the production
cycle so that would also make this an unlikely scenario.

Another thing...Polydor is trying to appeal to the masses...How can you
nopick those 5 from the catalog they have to appeal to the bargain bin
buyer.

Scott