[Slowhand] Clapton's nationality

Steve B airmacks95 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 12:24:46 EDT 2004

>>I wonder where Clapton is officially resident. If he is a US resident
he can
still drive in France on his US license. I was not aware that the
French had
the power to retain his UK licence, but the French are a law to
themselves
anyway. When it comes to speed limits, so is our Eric, it seems....

Tony

EC is still a Briton, but lives part of the year in France to lessen his UK income tax burden.  I have a mutual friend who told me he bought the French home after selling his pied a terre in Venice Beach two years ago.

I did notice a recent interview where E considered moving to California year round because he thought it would be easier for him to adjust to American life than for his wife to adjust to living in the UK.

Steve