[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 3, Issue 557

liabar at tin.it liabar at tin.it
Tue Oct 26 18:16:47 EDT 2004

Hello Dear Slowhanders.
I'm reporting here what I heard on Radio capital (Italy) today
"Zucchero is realizing a new DVD of the RAH concert of this june
the interviewer asked Zucchero if it was difficult to gather up so many
important friends that evening.
He replied "The morning of that day was surely my longest as Luciano (Pavarotti)
rang me up to tell he had troubles to come for a small surgical operation
he had just had and so he didn't know if it would have been able to push
on his diafram having some aching stiches right near there...
30 minutes later a second call followed Pavarotti's. It was Eric Clapton.
He called to inform me he had 39 C° of flu,so he could hardly stand up and
talk. He wish he could join in but He felt that was really  impossible .
I let you just imagine.......
I was in a real gasp in a sheer mess- Zucchero continued-
Luckily after one or two hours Eric Clapton rang me up again saying:" No
I can't let you facing all this trouble alone . Don't wait for me at the
rehearsals today but count on me for tonight shows. I'll be there anyhow
and in whichever state I'll be I'll come.
So everything turned out all right 'cause I have great big friends."

NOTE: Eric was with flu and without reharsing. Still he did his bit so well.
How dare we criticise his "auto-pilot " moments and him as being a lazy
guitar player after learning how determined and strong willed he is????
bye
lia