[Slowhand] Quick Reviews: Bruce Hornsby's Halcyon Days & Joe Cocker: Heart & Soul

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Sun Oct 31 09:38:27 EST 2004

Bruce Hornsby: Halcon Days - EC on 3 tracks: "Gonna Be Some Changes
Made",  "Candy Mountain Run" and "Halcyon Days". I enjoyed track 2 best
- George Harrison would have too. It has an eastern flavour. Pro-Tools
are in abundance, as is Simon Climie, so expect to thump your way into
trying to enjoy the music. You would never know Clapton contributes to
vocals, or rather co-vocals on "Candy Mountain Run", unless someone told
you or you listened very carefully. Buy, listen three times and put away
for a possible trade.

Joe Cocker: Heart & Soul: "I Put a Spell on You". Eric's production team
is noticeably absent. What we get is a pure slow blues with tasty blues
guitar from early on in the number. Eric's playing is reminiscent of
"Mr. Bluesman" from the Richie Sambora album. For the Jeff Beck
contingency, there's a contribution by him on the oldie: "I Who Have
Nothing". Highly recommended. Good for the car too.

Kevin

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard arivia.kom email disclaimer which may be found at:  http://www.arivia.co.za/internet/disclaimer.htm.  If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached, and you wish to receive a copy thereof, please send an eMail to disclaimer at arivia.co.za or call (011) 233-0800. You will receive the disclaimer by return email or fax.