[Slowhand] re: Finger/Pick

Gerd Klaassen klaassen at coastweb.de
Wed Nov 3 02:48:42 EST 2004

Well, the band did change somewhat and the set list changed slightly.  I
personally don't think the set list had that much to do with the change.
  As for Band personnel Doyle replaced Andy.
<<

Since I play fingerstyle only, I looked at this more closely over the
last years. He started with fingerstyle on electric guitars more
extensive during the FTC era, Reconsider Baby is a typical example.
The tone is different and great for Blues tunes, while an electric
Layla with fingerstyle may sound weak. With Doyle replacing Andy EC's
second guitarist has changed to a pick player. Before that he hired many
fingerstyle players like Phil Palmer or AFL, or even Mark Knopfler.
Maybe with Doyle's pick playing EC wasn't loud enough, the main
disadvantage of fingerstyle - the best amp is a pick, as MK once said.

More on
http://www.12bar.de/finger.htm

Keep on,
Gerd