[Slowhand] Re: Slowhand Digest, Vol 3, Issue 568

Robert bluez4u2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 19:04:55 EST 2004

Doyle is a hybrid player. He plays with both the pick and
his fingers during most songs. If you look closely, on some
songs he will play with the pick and then he'll cup the
pick on his palm and play with his fingers and then switch
back to pick again seamlesly. That is one of the reasons
his guitar style is unique. Another ofcourse is the fact
that he plays a right handed guitar left handed....strings
and all. He is also very influenced by Jimmie Vaughan in
that he does not over play. He does play pretty loud when
he's doing his solo gigs.