[Slowhand] Jack Bruce

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 12 15:10:16 EST 2004

I posted a brief review about 21/2 yrs ago on a concert performance I saw that included Jack Bruce (along w/Todd Rundgren, Christopher Cross and others). Although, not well promoted and not well attended, the show was excellent. Jack was superb. His bass licks were great (near Entwistle caliber), and his voice in fine form. His voice on "Sunshine of Your Love" made me long for him to join Clapton's band - not that I don't enjoy EC's voice, but I associate Bruce's more closely with that song. Any word on Jack's health status since his surgery? How about Ginger?

Of all the "super groups" of the 60-70's, is there any other band that could reunite today and be 100% intact? I can't think of one (but I suppose, too, that it depends on one's definition of "super group." Anyone?

Mel Boss
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/darmel/index.html