[Slowhand] Cream

joeyjay3 at att.net joeyjay3 at att.net
Sat Nov 13 21:05:17 EST 2004

I am a long-time collector of all genres of music. I love and have amassed everything from Acapella, Oldies, Rock and Roll, Motown, Soul, Rockabilly, New Wave, Jazz, Zydeco, Country Rock, Southern Rock, etc. and especially the Blues. Yet through the years, Cream has always been my favorite group of all time. There is something about Jack, Eric and Ginger that really reaches my inner musical heart. They remain my three favorite musicians. I'm not saying they are the best of all time, although a great case can be made for each one of them to be near the top of any true musician's musician list, but they definitely are my personal favorites.

If I could pick the Cream reunion songs I'd like to see included, they would be:

Tales of Brave Ulysses
Politician
Crossroads (fast version only)
Born Under A Bad Sign
I Feel Free
White Room
Strange Brew
Sunshine Of Your Love
Badge
Outside Woman Blues
I'm So Glad
Sitting On Top Of The World
Sleepy Time Time
Four Until Late
Lawdy Mama
SWLABR
Deserted Cities of the Heart
Toad (a short, maniac version)
Rollin and Tumblin
Spoonful (short version)
Take It Back
Traintime (short version)
Those Were The Days
NSU
Cat's Squirrel

I almost hope that the boys keep their solo career songs out of the show for the most part, unless they have some cool inclusions like Theme For An Imaginary Western (done Mountain style), Why Does Love Have To Be So Sad, Little Wing, Presence Of The Lord, West, Bruce and Laing's Shake Ma Thing, 3rd Degree, an electric Can't Find My Way Home. etc.

Realistically, I don't think the setlist will wind up being anything like this, but I sure hope that they give us a good dose of that Cream classic magic and energy. And I hope the whole set is captured and released on DVD.

Jay