[Slowhand] A Cream Reunion would be a good thing!

Bluesview bluesview at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 10:24:02 EST 2004

  Hello All,

  My own opinion here... I believe a Cream reunion would be good for Eric's playing and a good change-up in his song list for future concerts. I think Jack and Ginger would pull out some playing that's been dormant within Eric for a long time. And, believe me, I love Eric, but his concert list of songs is stale for the most part. I don't mean to say his playing is stale, but from Eric Live at Hyde Park (DVD) to just before the Robert Johnson CD came out his set list contained mostly the same songs, with minor tweaks and additions/subtractions along the way.
  The playing is superb, with the occasional "off night" at his concerts, but I'd really like to see him tear up the set list and start all over with new material. Of course encores would contain the standards we've become used too. I bet many of you could name the set list I'm referring too completely or within a song or two. That's why I'd like to see a change up.
  FYI - I just got the Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD last Friday and I love it. If you love Eric, it's a must buy. It has most of the major events on the two DVDs, but I could see a third DVD come out later. The set includes lots of interviews too. It has two songs where you can change camera angles (so it says), it's actually split screens and screen within a screen. They could have left that out. If you see it you'll know what I mean. I also got the feeling, as Eric expressed in print, it wasn't a festival about him, it was about guitar playing from many sources. And those sources were of Eric's choosing. Even if you didn't like Eric, but play guitar, you'd love the DVD.

BluesView