[Slowhand] Re: Scott Peterson's Trading etiquette

Luke Pacholski LukPac at lukpac.org
Mon Nov 15 19:58:56 EST 2004

Mike, re:

>About two weeks ago several people jumped all over some poor guy
>because because he distributed Almost free music that had gaps
>between the songs.He was scorned for not using proper trading
>etiquette.Who made these rules anyway,God.Well since they say
>Clapton is God maybe he did.

Well, there's a difference between someone who didn't know the
"rules" existed or made a mistake, vs someone (like yourself) who
seems to think they are just stupid.

Again, it's no harder to produce a "perfect" CD-R than it is to
produce one with 2 second gaps - you just have to make a point of
doing it. Are you saying you'd *rather* have jarring gaps between
every song?

>I have most of what I needed to trade for so thats not much of a
>problem.After all,how many versions of Wonderful Tonight can one man
>have.

Then why are you even having this discussion?

>As far as the mini-disc,all I really wanted to point out is I can
>edit the gaps right out and separate combined tracks rather
>easily.Why can't you do that with a CDR? I guess I could transfer
>from CDR to mini-disc and back to CDR but that takes several hours
>and alot of work.

Or you could just use a cheap computer CD burner and some free
software and do an even better job than your MD does.

Luke
--
http://lukpac.org/