[Slowhand] Re: yet more trading etiquette

Scott Peterson AvalancheScott at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 17 12:13:41 EST 2004

mike petrilli <ziggo820 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Good thing that you missed the eight track era.

Yes. We're all much too young to have been around for that era. What are you
on about? I suspect well over two-thirds of this list was around for
8-tracks, but that has no more bearing on the issue at hand than whether or
not we first cut our teeth listening to 78s.

> About polluted music.You are trading stolen music that people are supposed to
> pay money to hear.Now thats etiquette.

1) Many, many bands actively encourage fans to trade copies of their live
music. Is it then bad form to introduce TAO gaps in those officially
sanctioned copies? Is it only acceptable, by your standards, to introduce
gaps in what may perhaps be illicit recordings?

2) From what you've written above, this seems to be what you're saying:
"These recordings are stolen. I will actively participate in this theft. I
will not, however, bother to make sure the copies I make for others are not
flawed."

This hasn't even addressed whether this music is indeed stolen or not,
although if you'd like we can explore that avenue.

Regardless, your reasoning is like your copies--flawed.

Best,

Scott Peterson
AvalancheScott at earthlink.net
ps: what burner and software do you use that's unable to copy discs DAO?