[Slowhand] Cream.....ho hum

Len Moskowitz lenmoskowitz at optonline.net
Wed Nov 17 12:40:53 EST 2004

"Shanahan" <Mowdamowda at hotmail.com> wrote:

> When these guys comment on the time they were together in Cream, what
> aspects do they highlight?  The long extended live songs, where the
audience
> would go wild no matter how they played?  I think not.  It's usually along
> the lines of respect and admiration for each other as musicians, the
quality
> of the songwriting, the approach and production of their albums.

What we've heard about Cream from Eric over the years was how it ended up
going in direction other than what he expected, that they performed songs
that Jack and Pete wrote because he wasn't bringing songs in to play, that
the studio work was completely different than their live performances, how
Jack pretty much lead the band and how they burned out towards the end.

In my opinion, he's always seemed nostalgic about the band, like it was an
unresolved relationship that deserved some more attention in the future.
I'm glad that the three will be getting back together and am looking forward
to hearing what they do, whatever they do.  I'd even head to London to hear
'em!

Like you I've enjoyed Ginger's work since Cream: BBM, GB Trio with Frisell &
Haden and the Masters of Reality.  And I think that the 1993 R&R HoF
performance wasn't bad at all considering the limited rehearsal time that
went into it.

Len Moskowitz
Teaneck NJ