[Slowhand] responses to Cream posts

blues4jr at aol.com blues4jr at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 13:15:26 EST 2004

Shanahan wrote, "When these guys comment on the time they were together in Cream, what aspects do they highlight?  The long extended live songs, where the audience would go wild no matter how they played?  I think not."

I know that EC has mentioned the long treks into the unknown, not really knowing what direction songs would take. Also, Cream WAS well reknowned for their long improvational solos during songs. Among reviewers and fans that was one of their most well known signatures - along with being arguably the best musicians for their particular instruments. That is Cream live in concert - 6 or 7 songs over an hour and a half (if you were lucky). This was a typical set list:
N.S.U.
Steppin' out
Spoonful
Traintime
Toad
I'm so glad
What we will see in the reunion is White Room, Sunshine, Spoonful (short version), Crossroads (not the original version), Rollin & Tumblin, Born Under a Bad Sign, Badge, and from what I understand, some new material. I am looking forward to it.

John