[Slowhand] EC Tribute to Scotty Moore

Nathan Lovett nathanlovett at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 06:27:37 EST 2004

>From today's Independent in the UK

http://news.independent.co.uk/people/pandora/story.jsp?story=588474

* IN THE week the Band Aid single was released, Bill
Wyman, who wasn't invited to contribute to the
project, is recording a tribute of his own.

On Thursday, the former Rolling Stone will be filmed
at the Abbey Road Studios, alongside Eric Clapton and
Paul McCartney, with whom Wyman is not thought to have
collaborated in the past.

In two days, they aim to compile - from scratch - a
musical tribute to Scotty Moore, who was Elvis
Presley's guitarist.

"There's going to be me, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton
and a load of other guitarists all jamming together,"
explains Wyman. "It's being filmed for television, and
also a DVD, the works.

"I'm basically looking forward to sitting down to play
with the other guys, and seeing what we come up with.
Scotty himself is flying over to take part too."