[Slowhand] Marshbrook

John Broholm jbroholm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 2 12:42:33 EST 2004

Marshbrook is the name of the corporation that for
most financial purposes IS Eric Clapton, going back to
the '70s or late '60s, according to Edge of Darkness,
the Clapton bio by Christopher Sandford. (Pls forgive
my fuzzy memory.) It appears either Forrester or
Stigwood (again, I forget) set it up mostly for tax
purposes. While Marshbrook is anything but new, its
management role in EC's career may have come about
relatively recently. So, whoever's now behind it and
actually managing the enterprise that is Eric Clapton,
I can't tell you. (It ain't Forrester or Stigwood!)

Some on this list hate Edge of Darkness for its
portrayal of EC as a dysfunctional, manipulative
misfit, and it paints a less than fawning picture of
his artistic talents. It think it's fascinating and a
welcome switch from the fan-swooning bios. Though it
has some glaring factual errors, Sandford apparently
spent time going through public records of coporations
to work out EC's financial affairs. And the name
Marshbrook, Ltd., is prominent.

JB