[Slowhand] BB King

Susan Marchman susbastille at msn.com
Fri Dec 17 01:40:12 EST 2004

Hi, slowhanders,

Saw an excellent BB King show last night.  First time I've seen him live and up close.  I didn't realize what fun he would be or that he would interact so much with the audience--talking, joking, making faces, shimmying, grooving and dancing in his chair (one arm in the air John Travolta style).  And he must have introduced his band three times all the way around.

While it was a great performance, and clearly a good time was being had by all, I wish he would have sacrificed a little of the playfulness and given us more of Lucille.  (BB and EC are night and day in that respect).  No disrespect to BB and his style of performing, he was great.  I'm just a guitar fanatic--duh.  "Key to the Highway" was a great treat.

Would love to hear someone else's BB experience.

Regards,
susan