[Slowhand] B.B. King experience

Susan Marchman susbastille at msn.com
Sat Dec 18 14:14:55 EST 2004

Hi, blues4jr,

I expected BB to be sitting down, I knew that.  Naively, it just didn't
occur to me that age and illness might have affected the agility or the
feeling in his fingers, therefore he would play less, of course.  He is not
going to attack Lucille; even at 79, he was quite aggressive enough.  You're
right.  Quality is the important factor, not quantity.  (I suppose anyone
lucky enough to get to London in May will leave the RAH quite sated on both
accounts).

Yes!  BB is definitely worth seeing if you get the chance on this tour of
medium-size and small cities.  He is full of warmth and charm and good humor
and an abundance of talent--he still plays guitar like only a legend can.

happy holidays,
susan