[Slowhand] Starting to sound like Eulogys for B.B King...

Duncan McKie Duncan.McKie at infinity.co.nz
Sun Dec 19 15:07:16 EST 2004

...But I certainly hope not. I just hope he has time to retire and enjoy
the fame he has reaped in over the recent years- he certainly deserves
it.

I saw B.B. here in NZ round '88/89 and he was great. Even back then the
support band played the opening song alone (Just about 10 mins back
then)  and B.B.  played, told tales, sorted out differences of the
sexes, and solved the world's problems... and did I mention played? He
is up there with the late great Ray Charles - although he did play for
longer.(RC 65 mins BB over 90mins- but hey they're legends and genuis's)
B.B. came back a year later with U2's "When love comes to Town" Tour ,
and IMHO blew them of the stage. He had more passion and fire in his
brief 30 min set then U2 had in their whole show (and I was a U2 fan
back then) To U2 it was just another day in the Office.

Also, does anyone know if the RJ sessions are being released downunder?

Cheers'n'beers for the Christmas Season and may 2005 be a great year for
y'all

Duncan McKie
Desktop Support

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.