[Slowhand] Clapton Strat on Ebay

simon george simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 22 08:11:59 EST 2004

Thought I'd give you guys a "heads up" on this one:

theres a Clapton Strat for sale on Ebay, initial bids £800, item No.
3770728394 .
There was no pic there but the write up says "latest spec".
I am interested in getting a Clapton strat next year when my credit limit
allows so I'm keeping my ear to the ground for prices, etc.
So as there was no pic, I e-mailed the guy to ask which pick-ups it had, the
old lace sensors or the new noisless ones, the reply came back, "not sure
which to be perfectly honest it was bought from codamusic for 1129 about a
year ago i hope that helps u", shortly followed by "noiseless I think".
    Now we can surmise that they would be "noiseless" if the guitar was new,
but, bearing in mind that the pick up actually says on it either "noiseless"
or "Lace Sensor", I find this kind of strange. What does everyone else
think?
Btw, if anyone here does play a Clapton Strat, could you tell us, what will
the mid-boost do for me that my amp eq and my boss eq pedal won't do for my
standard strat?