[Slowhand] supposed Cream American tour

BluesView bluesview at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 11:17:40 EST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Broholm
  To: Slowhand Digest
  Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 11:13 AM
  Subject: [Slowhand] supposed Cream American tour

  Certainly, talk of an American tour after the Albert Hall appearances is just the fantasizing of aging Creamaholics.

  As one of that group -- hey, I have a couple VINYL boots of Cream -- let me weigh in with a thoroughly contrarian position:

  Cream should NOT do a tour. They should play the RAH and leave it at that.

  I'm not opposed to the inevitable CD, DVD, CD/DVD combo, and later release of "Sessions with Jack & Ginger." I'm sure to buy them. Not to mention every guitar-and-zits magazine that puts them on the cover. But there's nothing to prove in a tour except to answer the question of whether they even CAN tour again, and who needs the answer to that? Probably not the band.

  Do four shows, help Ginger pay off his apparently steep debts, write another nice check to Crossroads Centre's endowment, and call it closure, guys. Anything more is almost sure to be purely a marketing exercise, crushing any possible artistic value.

  The nights at the RAH themselves, however, just might transcend all that. We'll see.

  JB

    I agree with John. I'd believe if it was limited to the RAH shows and recordrd to CD and DVD we see a much more fresh and fun show, rather than trying to run the band all over the world and possible giving tired and uninspired performances. Eric been very busy of late and I din't know if Ginger and Jack are up for a long tour schedule. Hopefully, I'm wrong and they will tour and be able to keep the shows on a high level. Maybe, after the RAH shows they could have sporatic shows in only a few major cities around the world. In the very least... we will have (hopefully) the RAH shows, as opposed to nothing at all!

  Terry