[Slowhand] eric playing other than the Martin

BluesView bluesview at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 20:07:44 EST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pat Toth
  To: slowhand at planet-torque.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:02 AM
  Subject: [Slowhand] eric playing other than the Martin

  told him this past weekend that he has had one of Wayne Henderson's
  guitars on order.  His friend said that Wayne contacted him and said he
  was starting to finish the guitar and the serial number was the one right
  after the serial number on the one just completed for Eric Clapton.  Looks
  like Eric will be playing something other than the Martin.

  We could not figure out how Eric heard of Wayne since he is known more in
  the bluegrass flatpicker circles<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  I'll tell you how he heard about Wayne, at the Crossroads Festival since about every guitar producer was there
  and if not that way then prolly backstage conversing with James Burton, Dan Tyminski, Jerry Douglas and Vince Gill.
  All bluegrass cats!

  Pat

    But, you know Eric is paid by Martin. He won't give up that contract anytime soon. But, small guitar builders have and will always give guitars to major stars to try to get some recognition or publicity. That's been going on forever.

  BV