[Slowhand] in defense of DN..

Apurva Parikh apuraja8 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:34:37 EST 2004

Not that DeltaNick needs me to defend him, lord knows we've had our own
disagreements in the past, but I think everyone is right and everyone is
misinterpreting this whole thread about EC needing to change things up. I
think the point all of the DeltaNick disagreers are missing is that its not
that we're dissapointed in Eric's overall artistic ability, we just know
he's capable of much more and perhaps is focusing on the less stimulating
parts of his ability.
This, for me at least, isn't about him using a Gibson or Strat, its about
comfort and material. I love Eric playing any blues, but he's a self
annointed lazy person, and it hurts those of us who feel he can do much
better.

Of course, I come to the point, who are we to judge what he should do and
shouldn't do, but that's not the point of this digest. Of course all our
opinions are just that, but that is the intention of digests like these. To
pontificate about Eric and his music. The eternal optimists can say it's
wrong to disagree with Eric's choices and be happy with what you get , yada
yada yada. I think that's missing the point entirely. I want a solo album,
but I don't want another Reptile, I don't know what I want actually, I'll
just be happy that Eric is 59 recording and enjoying playing. Heck we've
gotten a bevy of Eric releases in the last calendar year, I am beyond happy
watching him on the Sessions for RJ Dvd and the Crossroads Guitar Fest. I'm
not saying those are his best performances ever, and I do wish he ripped it
up more and got out of his comfort zone but I dont want to say that and be
bashed for being "negative".. Folks need to grow up a little bit and
understand that we're all fans, but some of us have different needs.

AAP