[Slowhand] Re: Bloomfield

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 01:11:28 EST 2005

Noah lets set the record straight...........I am a BIG fan of Jeff
Beck........he plays with feeling. A great many CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED
guitar players have great technique, but ZERO feeling.....(Satriani and
Vai come to mind)..........at least to me. That does not mean others
won't feel differently. The difference between us, however, is that I
RESPECT other's rights to their opinions and do not feel the need to
ATTACK THEM when it differs from mine.

Your argument in favor of Bloomfield is laughable...............would
you consider Alan Lomax or Robert Palmer great musicians? I'll bet they
could have done as good a job or better in selecting Blues acts for Bill
Graham, but that just means they, Bloomfield included, had good musical
taste and knowledge, it does not speak to any other musical ability.
Music is an interpretive art and I find some musicians approach music
from too technical a perspective than an emotional one. One of the great
things about Clapton is the emotion he brings to his music. As I said,
in my initial response, that's MY opinion......it is not gospel and I
surely welcome other viewpoints. You really need to grow up because if
this is how you respond to a difference of opinion about music, you have
a tough time ahead of you...........................T

--
"I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."..... President-Elect - George W. Bush Meeting With Congressional Leaders December 18, 2000