[Slowhand] Re: DVD Info with Dates/Locations

Art Arias artaarias at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 22:40:04 EST 2006

Well now, it seems almost everybody just can't get
enough of this very well made 3 DVD-R of Clapton
performances, but after seeing the set list I've been
thinking about the following:
Was it necessary to have 3 versions of Layla, 2
versions of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, 2 versions
of Crossroads and a couple of Have You Ever Loved A
Woman? I think it should have been kept to only one
definite version per song. Could have possibly
squeezed about 4-5 more songs on them, like: Broken
Hearted from Music for Montserrat, Have You Heard from
John Mayalls 70th birthday, Ain't Gone 'n Give Up On
Love from the Stevie Ray Vaughn tribute or Yer Blues
from the Stones Rock and Roll Circus. Although the

>From The Cradle rehearsals were good, give me anything

from the unreleased Nothing But The Blues video as on
this he's of fire. There's nothing from Legends,
Creams reunion concerts or Live Aid. As for Badge, why
the Live 85 version when you have the real deal in
Creams version? I've always disliked the lame "Where
is my badge" chorus that EC has been doing for years
in concert. It was refreshing to hear the authentic
into and outro when Cream played it recently. There
are alot of different versions I would have used but
then I didn't bother to put this set together for
everyone like Jay did, and from what I read here he
did an excellent job in doing so and was very generous
to share it. I don't have it myself as I already have
most of what is on it so all I am doing I guess is
playing critic which is basically reflecting my
opinion. So if this were on sale as a legitimate set
worldwide, I'd have to pass. Once again, my
opinion...so what's yours?

Art

P.S. What, no Wonderful Tonight from Sat. Nite Live?!?
COME ON!!!

>>>Disc 1:

1. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Concert For George,
November 29, 2002, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
2. Little Wing - Crossroads Benefit Concert, June 30,
1999, Madison Square Garden, NYC
3. Taxman - Live In Japan w/George Harrison, December
14,15,17, 1991, Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
4. If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day - Crossroads
Guitar Festival, June 6, 2004, The Cotton Bowl,
Dallas, TX
5. Layla - Prince's Trust June 6, 1988, Royal Albert
Hall, London, England
6. My Back Pages - Bobfest October 16, 1992, Madison
Square Garden, NYC
7. It Hurts Me Too - June 29, 1996, Hyde Park, London,
England
8. Money For Nothing - Prince's Trust June 6, 1988,
Royal Albert Hall, London, England
9. Love Minus Zero/No Limit - Bobfest October 16,
1992, Madison Square Garden, NYC
10. Sweet Home Chicago - Sessions For Robert Johnson
DVD
11. Something - Concert For George, November 29, 2002,
Royal Albert Hall, London, England
12. Badge - Live May 1, 1985, Civic Center, Hartford,
CT
13. Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright - Bobfest October
16, 1992, Madison Square Garden, NYC
14. Five Long Years - Saturday Night Live, September
24, 1994, NBC Studios, Rockefeller Center, NYC
15. Little Red Rooster - W/Rolling Stones, Dec.19
1989, Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ
16. I Think I Love You Too Much - Knebworth, June 30,
1990, Hertfordshire, England
17. Holy Mother - EC & Friends, July 15, 1986, NEC
Arena, Birmingham, England

DISC 2:
1. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Prince's Trust June
6, 1987, Wembley Arena, London, England
2. St. James Infirmary - Duets w/Dr. John, May 9,
1996, Roseland Ballroom, NYC
3. White Room - EC & Friends, July 15, 1986, NEC
Arena, Birmingham, England
4. Layla - EC & Friends, July 15, 1986, NEC Arena,
Birmingham, England
5. Sunshine Of Your Love - 24 Nights DVD - 4 Piece
Night, January 24, 1990, Royal Albert Hall, London,
England
6. Born Under A Bad Sign- Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
-CREAM Induction, January 13, 1993, Crowne Plaza
Hotel, Los Angeles, CA
7. Bell Bottom Blues - 24 Nights DVD - Orchestral
Night, February 9-10, 1990, Royal Albert Hall, London,
England
8. Cocaine - ARMS Benefit, Sept.20, 1983, Royal Albert
Hall, London, England
9. I’m Tore Down - Saturday Night Live, September 24,
1994, NBC Studios, Rockefeller Center, NYC
10. The Thrill Is Gone - BB King & Friends - A Blues
Evening, April 15, 1987, Ebony Showcase Theater, Los
Angeles, CA
11. Wee Wee Hours - Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll, October
16, 1986, Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO
12. Pretending - Saturday Night Live, March 24, 1990,
NBC Studios, Rockefeller Center, NYC
13. Same Old Blues - Live May 1, 1985, Civic Center,
Hartford, CT
14. No Alibis - Saturday Night Live, March 24, 1990,
NBC Studios,
Rockefeller Center, NYC
15. Rambling On My Mind/ Have You Ever Loved A Woman -
ARMS Benefit, Sept.20, 1983, Royal Albert Hall,
London, England
16. Crossroads - EC & Friends, July 15, 1986, NEC
Arena, Birmingham, England

Disc 3
1. Stop Breaking Down Blues - Sessions For Robert
Johnson DVD
2. Tearing Us Apart - Knebworth, June 30, 1990,
Hertfordshire, England
3. Have You Ever Loved A Woman - June 29, 1996, Hyde
Park, London, England
4. Tell The Truth - Old Grey Whistle Test, April 26,
1977, BBC Studios, Shepherd's Bush, London, England
5. Hard Times - David Sanborn Nighttime TV Show, Oct.
25, 1989, NBC Studios, Rockefeller Center, NYC
6. Going Down Slow - Armani Fashion Show. September
12, 1996, Lexington Armory, NYC
7. Old Love - David Sanborn Nighttime TV Show, Oct.
25, 1989, NBC
Studios, Rockefeller Center, NYC
8. Double Trouble - Old Grey Whistle Test, April 26,
1977, BBC Studios, Shepherd's Bush, London, England
9. Before You Accuse Me - David Sanborn Nighttime TV
Show, Oct. 25, 1989, NBC Studios, Rockefeller Center,
NYC
10. When You Got A Good Friend - Sessions For Robert
Johnson DVD
11. Tulsa Time - ARMS Benefit, Sept. 20, 1983, Royal
Albert Hall, London, England
12. Beware Of Darkness - Concert For George, November
29, 2002, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
13. Crossroads - CREAM Farewell Concert, November 26,
1968, Royal Albert Hall, London, England
14. Sunshine Of Your Love - Strange Brew DVD
15. It’s Too Late - Johnny Cash TV Show, November 5,
1970, Ryman
Auditorium, Nashville, TN
16. All Along The Watchtower - Concert of the Century,
October 23, 1999, The White House, Washington D.C.
17. Let It Rain - Live May 1, 1985, Civic Center,
Hartford, CT
18. Layla - ARMS Benefit, Sept. 20, 1983, Royal Albert
Hall, London, England
19. Hey, Hey - Unplugged, January 16, 1992, Bray
Studios, Berkshire, England
20. Mean Woman Blues - Carl Perkins and Friends - A
Rockabilly Session, December 21, 1985, Limehouse TV
Studios, London, England<<<