[Slowhand] Willie Nelson & Friends: Live and Kickin' DVD

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Thu Jan 19 16:13:37 EST 2006

Today I received this disc. Until a few weeks back, I did not know it
existed on DVD. Released in 2005. Filmed on 9 April 2003 at the Beacon
Theater, NYC in honour of Willie Nelson's 70th Birthday.

Eric contributes to one number, "Night Life" - a blues of sorts. He
convincingly goes through his routine (on Crash 1) and is even
challenged by Willie Nelson on his moth-eaten old acoustic. Quite
enjoyable.

Other highlights are Ray Charles and Leon Russell doing "A Song for You"
and a uptempo "Jumpin' Jack Flash" by Leon Russell, though on this last
number it's more the band cooking than Russell dominating as he did at
the "Concert for Bangla Desh".

Kevin