[Slowhand] "Standing At The Crossroads" DVD

Greg C temporalorbit at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:45:51 EST 2006

I just purchased an official Japanese-eclusive dvd entitled "Standing At The
Crossroads".

It was supposed to be released in Europe last year in PAL format, but was
cancelled.

I believe this documentary ran on A&E in 1998.

It basically consists of interview footage with Clapton about his career as
a recording artist. There are other interviews with artists such as Keith
Richards and Buddy Guy.

It also has live clips from EC's concerts (previously released material), as
well as music video clips, such as "Motherless Child".

PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE JAPANESE SUBTITLES WHICH CANNOT BE REMOVED.

It comes housed in a flat cardboard folder, with a inner pouch that holds
the dvd. (sort of)
I've never seen anything like it. The back cover has the track listing in
Japanese only. I guess after a few times of viewing it you'll figure out
what's what.

Below is a link to CdJapan, so you can look it over. Not much info, but
there is a photo of the front cover. You can set up an account and order it
through them or another Japanese dvd distributor.

It's a little pricey, but hey, it's an imported dvd. Fortunately, I found
mine on ebay from an Austaralian dude for $15.00 (INCLUDING SHIPPING!!).
But, I haven't seen it on there in awhile.

Here's the link, y'all....

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COBY-91186