[Slowhand] From Vol. 5, Issue 479

Art Arias artaarias at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 13:03:01 EST 2006

The following was posted on the Slowhand Digest last
Sept. 4th, subject was "An early Holloween Tale":

THE FOLLOWING FACTS MAY BE PURELY CIRCUMSTANCIAL. ANY
CONCLUSIONS DRAWN ARE SOLELY YOUR OWN. I DO NOT CLAIM
TO KNOW ANYTHING BEYOND THE FACTS STATED;

It has been at least two to three years since the
day. A day which may have changed the lives of many.
It was a dreary gray cloudy day. There was a slow
drizzle with an ocasional sound of thunder off in the
distance. I was reading the local paper and I came
across an article in the Police/Fire section. I was
skimming carefully over each article, wondering if I
would recognize a name ?, a place ?, when, there it
was. Chills went down my spine. It couldn't be. I had
to be imagining it. It has to be a coincidence. It
read, a man in his early twenties, arrested for a
capital crime. ( I will not reveale the nature of the
crime to protect this person's right's as we do not
know the final outcome) The name in the article. Mark
Devault.

I said to myself this has to be a coincidence. There
has to be alot of people with that name. Besides, all
I have to do is wait for him to post on the Digest.
The next day, I ran into a former buddy who also reads
the Digest and he asked me " How come Mark Devault
hasn't been on the digest lately." I had to sit down
for second as I felt faint. I told him of what I had
read and he kind of laughed it off as though I was
kidding. I have not seen a post of Mark's to this day.
I know he was enrolled at Michigan State U. but that's
the last I had heard from him.

Why would a person as involved in trading and posting
on this forum to the extent that he did, all of a
sudden disappear. Several of you on this forum have
even tried to contact him. Maybe he never existed.
Maybe he's Dan Reese. Maybe he's Delta Nick. Or maybe,
just maybe, someone on this forum is using the name as
a Ghost Trader. Will we ever know ?

The Desert Rat
Ziggo

This post was then answered with the fact his last
name was spelled differently and the age was slightly
off.