[Slowhand] I don't know why (maybe I know :) )

ollio ollio at mbnet.fi
Sat Feb 18 08:21:12 EST 2006

Hi all,
I think DeltaNick is right about that wrong date on the Vault Radio version of Delaney & Bonnie's (and EC's) version of I Don't Know Why.
About a month ago there was on Dimeadozen shared a great soundboard recording of Delaney and Bonnie and I'm quite sure this VaultRadio version is from that date February 22 1970.

Here's the details for that recording:
Delaney and Bonnie & Friends - 02/22/70
Fillmore West San Francisco CA

01 Things Get Better (5:11)
02 I Don't Know Why (6:07)
03 Will the Circle Be Unbroken (3:04)
04 Pour Your Love on Me (2:49)
05 Just Plain Beautiful (5:51)
06 Where There's a Will There's a Way (7:39)
07 Crossroads (7:21)
08 Special Life (6:24)
09 Poor Elijah/Ain't Nobody Here (6:55)
10 Coming Home (9:37)
11 Tutti Frutti/The Girl Can't Help It (3:35)

[Bonnie Bramlett (vocals), Delaney Bramlett (guitar, vocals), Eric Clapton (guitar, vocals), Jim Gordon (drums), Jim Horn (saxophone), Bobby Keys (saxophone), Jim Price (trumpet), Carl Radle (bass), Leon Russell (piano), Bobby Whitlock (keyboards)]

Sound quality is very good.

Cheers
Olli