[Slowhand] Speaking of Mark's websites and such

John Mills turbineltd at btconnect.com
Sun Feb 19 15:00:48 EST 2006

Jason,
I'm always interested in presentable information, so please count me in.

I think you will find it a hard job to match or beat the current offerings;
the "Slowhand Tourography" utilises a database engine to good avail. I've
just trawled, (literally), the available resources whilst preserving the
Geetarz site and I'm very impressed with the effort that has gone in to
them. I think you should rationalise what you are able to provide in
addition to that which already exists. The alternative is to co-operate with
the Tourography project and add the artwork and other data to that.

John

Jason Stewart guitarbuyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 23:24:57 EST 2006

I have, for the last year or two been working on a dynamic, fully searchable
database that documents not only official tour dates but all known
commercial bootlegs (and some of the cooler fan based projects). It
contains most of the info available at Mark's geetarz.org site with the
exception that it is fully searchable and dynamic. Data can be extracted in
almost anyway imaginable (when it is done anyway). I'm curious if anyone,
other than myself, think this would be a valuable resource? I've done it
mostly for myself but would eventually like to publish it people would find
it usefull.

I have some lofty goals for the project but find myself unmotivated at times
thinking I am the only Clapton geek who would use it.

Thoughts?