[Slowhand] EC & Pete Townshend - Check this out

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 22 18:01:11 EST 2006

It was so great to see that again after all this time.
I remember watching this on the bbc at the time, but my VCR fouled up so I never got a copy.
The interview was hilarious, Sue Lawley was flirting heavily with EC, asking him about his red boots in a Cream photoshoot, she apparently bought some at the time because they were like his.
Also when interviewing Townshend about the famous 'whammy bar through the hand' incident, he turned to EC and said, "I was playing one of his model strats"
"My strats dont have whammy bars, I should know, I designed them"
"Well I should know, I put one through my hand"