[Slowhand] Clapton! What's the big deal?

Dave Brulenski blackiej200 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 00:32:28 EST 2006

I'm 42. But I still think I'm about 26.
I play regulary in a band. (average once a week)
I've been playing since I was 12. Became an serious EC fan when I was about 38. It chnaged my musical life.
I've been a student ever since. I write music and I sing as well.
Some of the things that Being a fan of EC has done for me.
1) Opened up the whole world of his influences and beyond. Freddie King, Albert King, Sonny Boy, Muddy Waters, Big Bill Broonsy, Lonnie Johnson, BB King, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson, J.J. Cale, etc.,
2) A class act! He's a good man and he keeps on perfecting his art and putting himself out there. Just be true to yourself and never give up.
3) Taught me about playing with feeling. Compliment who you are playing with.
4) Listen to the music you want to play. You can't move forward if you don't know where you are coming from.