[Slowhand] Allman brothers Monday 3/13

gipsj at optonline.net gipsj at optonline.net
Wed Mar 15 12:18:12 EST 2006

I went to Monday's show at the Beacon and the first set was one of the musical highlights of my life. To commemorate the 35th anniversary of the recording of "Live at the Fillmore," the band performed the album, from beginning to end. I've said it before and will say it again - Derek Trucks is more than the real deal. We are witnessing the ascension of a guitarist/musician to levels that few ever achieve. Each solo is just so damn inventive - he really makes Warren Haynes sound like a pedestrian guitarist. No Derek and The Dominoes songs but I hope to have the opportunity to hear Eric and Derek do "Stormy Monday" on the next tour. Other show highlights were a kick-ass version of Freddie King's "Woman Across The River," and Susan Tedeschi leading the vocals on "The Weight."

By the way, I have one extra ticket available for The Allman Brothers Band. Tuesday March 21, Orchestra row W, seat 15. Face value of $80 or best offer. Only caveat is that I'm leaving town on business trip Saturday so sale would have to be completed before that.
Regards,
Jerry

Regards,
Jerry