[Slowhand] RE: "White Mansions"

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lands.nsw.gov.au
Wed Apr 26 01:32:19 EDT 2006

Hi Kevin and DeltaNick,

I searched out my LP copy on the weekend, and it does have full liner
notes (and is in fact a very impressive LP booklet/notes etc.)
What it does state, and I can see where some confusion may have arisen,
is:

Eric Clapton played slide guitar on "White Trash" and dobro on "The
Kentucky Racehorse", and the guitar solos on "Southern Boy", "No One
Would Believe A Summer Could Be So Cold", "The Southland's Bleeding",
"The King Has Called Me Home" and "Bad Man" were played by Bernie
Leadon.

On first reading this gives the (false) impression Clapton played on all
of those tracks. Case closed.

Cheers,
Jon