[Slowhand] Eyesight To The Blind

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Thu Apr 27 09:51:09 EDT 2006

Slowhanders,

One of my favorite recordings from Clapton has always been the studio version of that old blues song Eyesight To The Blind. He recorded it with John Entwhistle as part of the album released for the movie Tommy. I think it was a trio. Was the drummer Kenny Jones? Keith Moon was alive at the time, but I seem to recall it being Kenny on the skins for that song.

Anyway, Eric was in a zone during that studio recording. Just wonderful, emotive playing.

1) Does anyone know what guitar he used for that session?
2) Were there any other songs recorded by Eric during this session that remain unreleased?

He must have been in a good playing mood that day. The results were stunning on Eyesight To The Blind.

Jay