[Slowhand] Re: Current World Tour

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Tue May 9 09:44:22 EDT 2006

Sorry folks but I have now seen 2 e-mails refer to the "stables" in
Eric's show. Since I don't believe he is dragging horses around with him
on his world tour, how about us using the right
word..........."staples"..............sorry, had to vent..........As for
the criticism before seeing the show or hearing trusted reviewers'
opinions. People on this list worked themselves into a lather (another
horse reference) and ASSUMED that the set list would be D&TD "heavy"
because of the band's lineup. Eric's camp never led us down that path,
we did it to ourselves. When the tour kicks off and our "dream" set list
is not there, we rain down all sorts of vitriol on the man who had
nothing to do with setting expectations. Could the set list be
overhauled? YES. Will it remain static? WE DON'T KNOW. Will changes be
made along the way? PROBABLY, as he and the band see what works and what
doesn't work for them. The staples are there because that is what the
"casual" fan expects, his greatest hits, instantly recognizable
material. But I do see some changes from past tours and the songs
themselves are great songs. As I am so fond of telling my wife, who does
not understand why 1 or 2 live boots from a tour isn't sufficient, EVERY
NIGHT IS DIFFERENT. His approach to these songs will be even more fresh
since he has Doyle and Derek on board along with a new rhythm section.
But the bottom line is, after such a long and varied career, we, each of
us, have our own favorites from his repertoire. He's not going to be
able to please all of us.........so he doesn't try, I have my favorites
(how about more material from Another Ticket?) and would be very
pleasantly surprised if he performed them, but as long as he plays his
ass off, I KNOW I will be entertained.....................T

--
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues!"