[Slowhand] Wonderful Tonight/Cocaine/Layla

Bryan Reid humblephoenix at comcast.net
Wed May 10 16:12:28 EDT 2006

ijwthstd wrote:

"Be realistic, if it werent for these 3 songs, he would
be on the nightclub or corndog circuit or better yet,
3rd of the bill on a BB King Blues Fest playing a 45
min set of stuff no one cares about while people are
still wandering in. That is if he didn't abandon the
music business for something more profitible like auto
mechanic."

Jeez, I guess Cream didn't count for anything. Nah. Blind Faith, who were
they? Bunch of losers, probably. John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, never heard of
them. Only thing Derek & The Dominos ever did was Layla.

If you think Clapton's career or reputation is defined by Wonderful Tonight,
Cocaine and Layla, WOW, what can I say? I truly am at a loss for words.

But let me ask you one thing. If you truly believe that Clapton's career or
reputation is defined by Wonderful Tonight, Cocaine and Layla, why do you
belong to this group?

Bryan