[Slowhand] Clarification on "The Lost Club Shows" set............

EddyPauley at aol.com EddyPauley at aol.com
Thu May 11 18:25:47 EDT 2006

Hello Bryan,

I'm sure you mean well but you have some problems with your Post concerning
"The Lost Club Shows" set.

First off Eric Clapton never played any concert on November 17, 1995.

Secondly, "The Lost Club Shows" set does not include any show from Buddy
Guy's "Legends" club. It is mislabeled - a mistake by the boot label. The 3rd
show from that set has long been identified as being from the Royal Albert Hall,
March 5, 1995.

The boot guys were embarrassed and subsequently released a boot called "The
Real Legends" in reference to the screwed up boot and the correct date for that
show is Nov. 17, 1994 and it is indeed from Buddy Guy's "Legends" Club. This
title is from the EC IS Here label, 139/140.

I hope those that recieves/trades this boot makes notice.

Best Wishes,
Eddy

Bryan Reid humblephoenix at comcast.net
Thu May 11 12:23:18 EDT 2006

Hi SDers!

Guess who just got a new shipment of boots from his fav supplier?

:~)

Starting off this round of seeds is a gem from EC's 1994 tour to support the

>From The Cradle album. On the ZigZag Records label [ZigZag 12], we have a 6

CD set entitled "Lost Club Shows". Three shows from November 1994 in Chicago
and New Orleans, with Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown guesting on one. They are
all audience tapes that I'd call AUD 4-5ish in terms of sound quality, a
little distant but clear. But the playing... well, it's EC playing the
blues.

Two sets to the first two to respond with their addresses and a commitment
to re-offer to the group. Artwork included on a separate CDR. Details below.

Bryan

Buddy Guy's Legends, Chicago IL