[Slowhand] Re: Trucks Interview

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Wed May 17 12:50:08 EDT 2006

Kevin, after reading your comment about who's paying ZRock, I went back
to their site and re-read the interview and checked out the rest of the
site. What struck me was not the fawning, sycophantic tone of the
questions, what really struck me was how I had totally overlooked it on
first reading! Such is the state of radio in the States that I have come
to expect that level of inanity from these type of interviews. We are in
the midst of a PAYOLA scandal where evidence has emerged of fee
schedules which DJs had for air play. I often worndered how some of the
awful crap that I heard on the radio was on constatntly, to the point
of becoming a hit. Turns out that the deep pocket record companies were
paying DJs to play certain singles as often as possible! No wonder CD
prices are soooo high, we have to make up for their graft! I am not,
therefore, surprised that this web site appears to be following the same
model of not being an independent news source, but rather a promotional
arm for the artists...........good pickup..............T

--
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues!"