[Slowhand] EC at the Albert

Susan Marchman susbastille at msn.com
Tue May 30 17:44:26 EDT 2006

In the tour program Eric says, "...I guarantee that whatever you hear, will be definitely played with feeling..." And so it was! What a fabulous week of shows at the Albert! The triad of guitars worked to my surprise, and instead of a detraction or a cover it actually punctuated Eric's playing with a sharp exclamation mark; when EC stepped up for his turn at a solo, it was all the more vivid and powerful as he boldly and unabashedly showed who was KING. Beautiful playing inspiring tears and goosebumps and the surprise of a little extra wah wah here and there on occasion was the icing on the cake. I was moved; that's my marker and I can't ask for any more than that. Can't wait to do it all again when they hit stateside in the fall...where security gates and security guards stand at the ready, lol.........

So just how many RAH employees does it take to get a guy away from the stage? Was it eight? Ten? A guy went right up to the stage and started shaking his head and pounding his fists on the stage and bowing to EC right near EC's mic stand. EC's is singing and playing away undistracted while multiple red-shirted RAH employees come and go in a vain attempt to get this guy to leave the stage area. This goes on for one and half, two songs I think? Seemed forever, because it was a distraction for me. Finally they drag him away to right behind our row of seats and we hear cursing and scuffling for almost another whole song. And this is because EC doesn't want security there I hear???? EC said the guy was just having fun and he wouldn't take sides.