[Slowhand] clapton deluxe

Apurva Parikh apuraja8 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 09:31:40 EDT 2006

..what's the saying, you can't polish a turd, no matter what?? That's how I
kinda feel about Eric Clapton Deluxe, it would be like releasing a Slowhand
album Deluxe edition.

While I enjoyed the 461 Ocean Blvd deluxe, all these remastered and deluxe
editions of Eric's 70's work tells me is that I don't really like these
songs even more, even though they sound "better", the music is still the
music and it's dull most of the time.

However, the liner notes and packaging are top notch, the music sure doesn't
stand up. I can see where Eric is going, having been turned onto the Band,
but what he's missing is the Band. There's no cohesiveness in the songs and
not much else from Eric either beyond some tasty, economical guitar solos
and some decent licks. Hearing this makes you appreciate, if nothing else,
how good his singing has become.

aap