[Slowhand] RE: Tickets

Martin Turner martukemun at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 07:06:50 EDT 2006

I totally agree with the supply and demand technique. I'm not entirely sure
how things will turn out on the US leg of the tour, but I failed miseably to
get hold of tickets when they were released for the Albert Hall gigs. The
touts went wild and bought up way too many tickets this time round, no doubt
inspired by the killing they made on the Cream tickets
I just waited until a few days before the concerts and kept an eye on ebay -
in the end I went on 2 nights and payed way, way below face value. Got one
set of tickets on ebay for 40 pounds - face value 70, and turned up outside
the hall on another night to try to get some directly from touts. They had
loads left over - I just kept saying "no" to the prices they were offering
me, knowing that the concert would be starting within 30 minutes and the
tickets would be worthless. In the end I got 2 arena floor tickets, about 15
rows back from the stage for 20 pounds each.