[Slowhand] Bad Boy & Vocals

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Thu Jun 15 04:47:53 EDT 2006

After listening to the differences between the Tom Dowd and the Delaney
Bramlett mixes of EC Deluxe Edition, I must say that I am truly
impressed with Eric's rendition of "Bad Boy", as mixed by Delaney. Eric
whoops and wails, screaming out his vocals with complete abandon and he
surely intended this to be a blues in the Albert King vein. Who knows if
he would be able to carry the falsetto notes in concert, but it would be
great if, once in a while, he unstraps his guitar for at least one
number in concert and gives the vocals all he's got.

Furthermore, it was a good choice to redo "Don't Know Why" in 1970, the
earlier rendition (done in 1969) was a bit of a drag.

So many of his great vocal performances do not make it to stage, a
modern one that comes to mind is "Love Don't Love Nobody" on Back Home.

Kevin