[Slowhand] L&OALS

Denis & Susan rainchek at nb.sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 17 12:16:09 EDT 2006

I've played this album for over 25 years and I thought I knew it well.
I can whistle just about all the guitar solos but I've never paid too
much attention to the lyrics.
And then I met my Layla and she has flown away and unfortunately now I
get it: "There blows no wind but wafts your scent to me, there calls no
bird but calls your name to me," "1000 smiles she gives to me free.
anyday only for a little while," "like a moth to a flame," "you gotta be
a fool to. twist the knife into yourself," "I don't wanna fade away,"
"why does love got to be so sad," "it's too late, she's gone," "however
distant you may be," "ease my worried mind." Ugh. And you just can't
"tell the truth."
"Tremble in pain." Indeed.