[Slowhand] Intolerance

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Sat Jun 24 11:54:04 EDT 2006

Olli,

>> First of all he told, how I "attack people because the express ideas I can't tolerate". That's so true and how delicate was DN in showing me how terrible I was. He used my name only 12 times in his fine essay and that goes to show how tolerant some people can be. They never get personal. <<

Whenever I expressed an opinion about EC not to your liking, YOU first attacked. I didn't start this. YOU did.

My focus is on Eric Clapton. Yours is not. Instead, your focus is on the author of the posting, whether it is someone else or me.

Why don't you simply disagree and state WHY you disagree? This is civil debate. No, whenever you state that someone's reason for crticizing Eric Clapton is that they are "stuck in the past," it is an attack on that individual, "argumentum ad hominem." It is uncivil and it is not debate. Stick to the argument, NOT the writer.

>> Calling me a robot and parrot is of course appropriate and a gorgeous example how to discuss differences in opinions without attacking the other side. And taking in world politics was a class act! He is in the know, you know. <<

Like a robot or parrot, "stuck in the '60s" seems to be your understanding of the reason why anyone would criticize Eric Clapton. You cannot discuss or debate. You pretty much repeat the same, over and over.

>> DeltaNick so fluently tells me how I have a limited vocabulary and of course it's my mistake: I wasn't born american and that's why my native tongue is totally wrong. That's a shame for me, but so nice you pointed that out. <<

Olli, your English is much better than that of many Americans. You KNOW that's not what I meant. However, you limit your VERY fluent English language capability to telling folks that they are "stuck in the '60s," "retro," or "stuck in the past," whenever they express an opinion criticizing Clapton.

DeltaNick