[Slowhand] black crowes/robert randolph review (no EC)

sam mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 11:05:14 EDT 2006

I havent seen the Crowes in about 10 years...wow, what a different band. they only played about 10 songs, but 4 of them were really intense, Allman Bros.-esque jams of about 15 minutes. They only played one of their radio songs (Remedy), and were still VERY entertaining. Similar audience as an Allmans show (incense burned on the stage for the benefit of both the audience and band) , nice production, very good sound even in an awful tent setting in pittsburgh.

Robert Randolph opened and also played a hot set. If you liked his stuff from 2004, you should hear some of his new songs coming out on his september release! Very upbeat, rock-funk tunes! check em out if they come your way. Drive by Truckers opens with a half hour set, but i only heard the last 2 songs (not too impressive to me).

L8r
sammy

PS the crowes backup singers reminded me of EC's present crew 20 years from now.......