[Slowhand] Re: 70th Birthday Concert

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 21:58:40 EDT 2006

>> The main difference with the early days is that guitar is not influencing

>> the course of modern Music anymore. <<

Exactly, and largely because of who Eric Clapton was back then and is today.
In the '60s, Eric Clapton was a MAJOR influence in rhe music world, and THE
major guitar influence. Today, he's but one of many crooners, who sometimes
plays a some pretty good guitar.

>> Clapton has been one of the most abused musician of this last 40 years <<

Abused? Give me a freakin' break. He's extremely comfortable, doesn't bend
strings as much (he doesn't need to, with his millions) and is content with
his riches, laughing all the way to the bank. He's simply not as hungry the
way he used to be, when playing guitar counted for his next meal.

DeltaNick