[Slowhand] RE: EC signed guitar

Noah Seidenberg n.seidenberg at comcast.net
Tue Jun 27 21:28:05 EDT 2006

Wow, I am impressed. Karen Dickson writing Slowhand Digest to let us know
about an Axe for Charity. Many times people have commented that they were
wondering if EC or anyone close has ever laid eyes on our digest. This is
pretty damn close. She says "I've been told by some friends/fans that this
is the best site related to Eric info", this says a lot. We should be real
happy about this. I have been on other news groups where the artist
acknowledged the fan base in an online fashion and I think it is pretty
cool. One of these days he Eric might really read this and might even lay
some tickeys on us. This is awesome and for a good cause too. I am all for
helping out with giving some cash to the Komen Foundation.

Noah

"Hello,

My name is Karen Dickson and my husband is Lee Dickson (Eric's guitar

tech). I've been told by some friends/fans that this is the best site

related to Eric info, so therefore I could use your help in getting the

word out about an upcoming auction. I don't know if this fits into

acceptable topics but I'll explain the situation and let you decide.

Eric has recently signed an Eric Clapton stratocaster to be auctioned on

ebay in the U.S. to benefit the Komen foundation. In case you're not

familiar with Komen, they are the largest breast cancer fund raising

charity in the U.S. (probably in the world). The money raised on ebay

with this guitar will go to help eradicate this particularly nasty disease.

This was a project taken on by Lee, he got the people at Fender to donate

the guitar, then he talked with Eric about signing it. At this time I'm

not sure when the auction will be held, but ebay in the U.S. is helping

to promote it and will eventually sell it. The Guitar Center, Inc. in

the U.S. is also going to promote it in their stores as well as in the

magazines. The guitar will come with a letter of authenticity from Lee

along with a really nice tweed case to boot.

I was wondering if a message could be posted on your website to promote

the guitar to true Eric fans and get the word out in general. I don't

mind this e-mail being duplicated on the message board, but could you

please delete my e-mail address before posting it please.

Thanks very much for listening, please e-mail me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Karen Dickson"