[Slowhand] 1st EC related album thread

RMS1 Debby at Avalonrecords.com
Fri Jul 7 12:15:35 EDT 2006

I was a late bloomer; the first album from EC I bought was "Journeyman",
in around '90 or '91. I'd always been a casual fan of Cream/D&D/EC, but
not a rabid fan - until I heard "Big Love" on a classic rock station. I
tuned in during a solo, and thought, "wow, someone out there is still
playing great guitar!", not even realizing who it was. The DJ announced
who, and my reaction was, "is HE still around? Cool!". That got me
started.

As for the first album I EVER owned, I received "The Beatles" (White
Album"), for my 13th birthday in 1969. I was thrilled to death (even
though I had asked my parents for it specifically). The first album I
ever purchased on my own was "Led Zeppelin II".

Eagerly awaiting October!

Debby J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Wallenberg [mailto:scottw at racerxill.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:55 PM
To: EC Slowhand Digest
Subject: [Slowhand] 1st EC related album thread

Hey gang,
There is a thread going on on the ABB list about first album ever
purchased
and I thought this might be a fun discussion for us to have fun with.

What is the first Clapton or EC related album you ever purchased?

I bought Best of Cream in 1969 ( the one with vegetables on the cover)
at
Key Pharmacy in Skokie, Illinois. $3.99

I think my older sister had the 45rpm single of For Your Love.

Scott